I will be submitting some weblog tips for you. I thought I'd start off with a review of "How to Submit a News Item".
I know many of you are preparing for another great school year. Please, take a moment and share some of your thoughts on what you learned at the conference and how you may apply some of those learnings to this school year. I wish you all a very successful year!
Here's the first weblog tip!
How to Submit a News Item
Remember the first thing you do is to click on the Login text at the bottom right corner. Type your email and password in the boxes provided. Then click on the Login box.
1. Click on News in the Editors Only menu at the top of the page. A "PENDING NEWS ITEM" screen will appear.
2. Click on Create a News Item. A "CREATE NEWS ITEM" screen will appear.
3. You will see a form where you type a title. Fill in the URL (or leave blank if that is not applicable to what you are writing about)
4. Select the Department from the drop down box.
5. Type what you wish to write in the Description box. In this text box you can make it bold, etc. just like in a word processing program.
6. If you wish to make a hyperlink click on the globe and then type the URL in the pop-up box.
7. You can change font, size, color. 1 is the smallest font size.
8. Click Create News Item. A preview screen of your news item will appear.
9. Preview and if you need to make changes, make them in the "Description" text box and click the "Post Changes" box. If it does not need changes, click the "Release" box and then click the "Post to Home Page" box.
10. Click "Home" on the right side of the page to return to the main page.
Most important tip:
Rmember to highlight all of your text and then press the 'Ctrl' and 'C' keys simultaneously to copy your text to the computer's clipboard. Sometimes the news items do not transmit and this action will save you from having to retype your text!!!!