Confidence – self esteem: pride and belief in oneself and in achievement of one’s potential
Feeling confident means you are sure of your skills and ability to succeed in a task. It is an internal determination or judgment of how sure you are of your skills.
This post is especially for our fifth graders who will be moving on to middle school. I want to say that you have a great track record of succeeding here at J. H. House. Your feeling of self-confidence that you have learned here can be carried on to your new school
I want to share with you the things I have confidence about that relate to you, our J.H. House students who will soon be leaving us to continue learning at our middle schools.
I have confidence that you will be a good example of the following character traits at your new school.
· You will show school pride at your new school just as you have here. School pride is the vehicle that lets us learn to believe in something bigger than ourselves. It is our home away from home, our community.
· Honesty is a trait you will have because your friends and teachers will look up to you and want you as a friend because they will trust and respect you.
· You will display responsibility by standing up for what you know is right,
· You will continue to show respect for yourself and respect for others because you will treat others as you want to be treated. You care.
· You will be the kind of student that takes the initiative to do what needs to be done. You won’t just stand around and wait for others.
· You will show self-control as you continue to learn to make appropriate decisions and choose behaviors that will have good outcomes.
· You will show your trustworthiness by telling the truth, being your best, standing up for what you believe, practicing self-discipline, keeping your word and returning what you borrow.
· You will demonstrate good citizenship by following the rules of your family, your school, and your society.
· You will be full of thankfulness because of the many good things you have in your life.
· You will continue to have compassion because you care about the feelings of others.
· Your fairness will be demonstated as you continue to take turns and share.
· Your consideration of others will be in full view as you notice the needs of others and try to help.
· Tolerance will be a key word for you because you have a willingness to respect or accept the customs, beliefs, or opinions of others
· Perseverance means you will continue to do your personal best and never give up on your goals.
· Courage means you will keep on facing your fears and being strong.
· You will abide by the rules of a contest and be a good winner or a good loser because you understand good sportsmanship.
· I know you will show patriotism as you continue to listen and learn from the news.
· You will be empowered by your acts of kindness because you do care about others and want to help.
· Dependability will be present in your life because you can be counted on to do what you say you will do.
Yes, indeed! I have confidence in you. I wish each and every one of our fifth graders a great future! We will miss you here at J.H. House. Always do your personal best and know that all of us here will be cheering for you!