Citizenship: democracy, equality, justice, liberty
Where is the best school with the best students in the whole wide world? How often have you heard me ask that question over the intercom? Many, many, many times, right? I love hearing your voices vibrating throughout the halls as you shout with pride, J. H. HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J. H. House elementary school is full of good citizens. I know that each and every one of you know the traits of a good citizen but I am going to give you a quick review of how to be a good citizen.
- Do your share to make your school, your community, and the world a better place.
- Take responsibility for what goes on around you.
- Participate in community service.
- Help take care of the environment.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Treat other people with respect and dignity.
- Follow the rules of your family, your school, and your society.
Now, let’s have some fun. I caught Juan holding the door for another student when they were entering the school this morning from the buses. I bet I will catch others this week. Can you catch someone in the act of being a good citizen? List those acts on the comments section. You can catch students, teachers, cafeteria workers, teacher aides, office people, visitors and anyone else here at the school. Let’s celebrate good citizenship at J. H. House!