Fairness: freedom from favoritism, self-interest, or indulgence of one’s likes and dislikes
“That’s not fair!” Have you ever said that or heard someone else say those words? What was happening when you heard those words? Let’s think about what fairness means. If a person is fair they treat people the way they wish to be treated.
What do you think makes a person fair?
- A fair person takes turns.
- A fair person shares candy or food.
- A fair person plays by the rules.
- A fair person listens.
- A fair person would not take advantage of someone.
- A fair person considers all the facts before making a decision.
- A fair person is open-minded.
- A fair person tries to understand what others are saying and feeling.
Let’s have fun with this character trait and write rhyming sentences about fairness. I’ll start off with this rhyme:
Treat everyone the same.
Then no one is to blame.
I like to share.
It shows I care!