Patriotism – A love and loyalty for the United States of America
United States of America
What is patriotism? It is love and loyalty for one's country and its values. Here are a few ways we can demonstrate a patriotic attitude.
- Listen and learn from the news. Be an informed citizen. I think J. H. House students shine in this area, don’t you?
- Stand respectfully when the Pledge of Allegiance is spoken or the national anthem is sung or played. This is another area where we stand out.
- Celebrate and understand the significance of holidays. It’s important as well as fun to learn about our different holidays and how they started.
- Be proud of our democracy and our freedom in our country.
It is a sad time for our country. We are at war. There are some people in other countries who do not believe as we do. Some of these people have confused views of our freedom and democracy. Let’s try to turn that around by focusing on things that we can do, as citizens and future citizens to let them know and understand the good things about our country. Share those good things so others can understand our love for our country. I’ll start the list.
- I am proud to live in a country that has groups like Habitat for Humanity who build homes for those who are homeless.
- I am proud that we have the freedom to vote for our leaders.
- I am proud that we can peacefully protest issues where disagree.
- I am proud of the young people in this school and elsewhere who want to understand other viewpoints and listen respectfully.
Share things that make you proud of your country.