Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes interviewed Morgan Freeman. The title of the interview article is "Morgan Freeman Defies Labels." Freeman is 68 years old and he still stays very active and busy. He was in four films this year and narrated two others. He plans to be in four more next year.
- Freeman goes out sailing by himself. He enjoys the challenge.
- He sees a star as someone people go to see. He sees actors as the reason people go to see the story the actor is in.
- He says he was drawn to acting by birth. "I was born to do it." He realized his calling at age 12. He said, "I can do that."
- He always had a desire to learn to fly. He tackled that at age 65.
- He thinks the Mississippi flag, with its confederate emblem should be changed.
- He finds Black History Month "ridiculous."
- He believes we should stop saying white man and black man. People should be known by their names.
- He finds the annual Oscar race demeaning to the nominees.
He ended up the interview saying life had been good to him. He feels that his job is to be good to it. He said that the way to be good to life is to live it.
Mike Wallace found Morgan Freeman to be a man who indeed defies labels. He shows no sign of slowing down, off-screen or on. Imagine yourself years later and you have reached the age of 68. Have fun and tell us the challenges you would take and some facts about how you are living your life. Have fun with your comments on this one. I bet we'll have lots of interesting reading.